Monday, August 13, 2007

July party of the month - DESTINATION:LOVE


Bon Voyage Single Life
Destination:LOVE

The theme stemmed from Luggage Tags that the bride-to-be bought from Kate Aspen. The bride-to-be's mom asked me to center the party around that idea and so there it came to me ~Lets throw a Bon Voyage party! Hence the name Bon Voyage Single Life; Destination:LOVE! The colors where brown and aqua marine & the motif had to be a palm tree.

My most favorite project of it all was making a sandy beach place card holder. I took two pieces of styrafoam and used popsicle sticks to wedge them together. I then lined the edge of the foam with the colored sticks and put 2" brown grosgrain ribbon around the foam that could still be seen. I ordered flip flop placecard holders from Kate Aspen and made a sign from scrapbook stickers for the center of the board. Then I collected sand and shells from my local beach to decorate and at last the place card centerpiece was born. Needless to say it was the talk of the party that and the Bon Voyage sign that I made from buildasign.com.

There was bridal bingo, icebreaker envelopes, scratch off tickets, advice cards, and who knows the bride - all with the same colors and motif. Of course no bridal shower is complete with out chocolate lolipop umbrella's made up in white chocolate, personalized ribbon, and game prizes all theme related. All this with a budget of $500 - it pays to be crafty! Jen and I now offer Party Planning as a service since we have all these great contacts that we would love to share with our customers. If interested just let us know and we can start on your very next event!


No comments: