Saturday, April 18, 2009

Family Vacation Planning for 5 - not an easy task!

Summer is around the corner and I'm looking for something to do! My husband won't fly and my kids are too young to appreciate anything. So where do I go? I've spent all winter long looking for fun weekend trips for us and this is what I've come up with. If anyone has visited these places please fill me in on what to expect, or even better what to stay away from! Otherwise, I'll post some pics when we get back, should be interesting!

Ocean City, MD

Stay at the Ocean City Hilton

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront Hotel - Hotel ExteriorHilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront Hotel - Children's Activity Pool

Visit area attactions such as boardwalk and museums!

Jolly Roger Amusement Park

Hershey Park, PA

With a zoo, water & amusement park, on-site hotels, chocolate museums, and great get-away packages - what more can you ask for in a vacation! Plus the kids stay, play & eat free! Kids 17 and under receive FREE daily breakfast and FREE admission to Hersheypark! Enjoy rides and attractions, deluxe accommodations at Hershey Resorts, and family-friendly dining.

but then a mom of 4 suggested Sandbridge, VA.

Sanctuary Resort courtyard

Sandbridge, VA is 15 min past Virginia beach and an 8 hour drive from NYC! Car ride will be hell but destination looks oh-so tempting! It's oceanfront and you can rent a fully furnished condo with a porta-crib, high chair, and other kid friendly amenities. The prices are completely affordable and best of all there is a kiddie pool, swim-up snack bar, horseback riding, the VA Beach boardwalk and a one hour drive to busch gardens.

There is no better advice than from a seasoned veteran...I'm sold!

No comments: