Saturday, January 24, 2009

Craftylilmomma hits the town: NYC Style

Friday I get a phone call from an old friend who tells me that there is a 30th Birthday party for a good friend of ours at a classy joint downtown in NY's trendy Meat Packing District. This 3oth birthday party has now sparked into a college reunion seeing that the girl has a facebook account and posted the event on her page. I don't have a facebook account - I think some things are better left in the past - but I'm down for a good night out!

The Place - Bar One @ 1 little west 12th street check it out www.onemanhattan.com



1st order of business
. What to wear?

I have three kids all under the age of 4 - I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR - but a pair of uggs, 1 pair of designer jeans and a couple of L/S shirts from the gap. So I drag all my kids to Nordstrom. Now I know what your thinking but this is my secret to tell you. YOU CAN BUY SOMETHING FROM NORDSTROM AND PAY NEXT TO NOTHING FOR IT! They have the best clearance on designer wear that you will find in any of the department stores. They honor other stores prices, so if you find it somewhere for cheaper, all you have to do is tell them. Yes, you heard correctly, just say you saw it online for cheaper and they credit your account. They also, do price adjustments by phone days and even weeks later. NO OTHER STORE IN THE WORLD DOES THIS!

So here is the outfit. The shirt is BCBG and was originally $180 but I paid $60. The jeans are Jolt Skinny Stretch Jeans $42 - I paid $38! The thing is to have one expensive looking piece to the wardrobe and everything else will just look expensive. All I have to do is pretend my diaper bag is an over sized satchel and Wha-La! Of course, it wasn't this easy, it took 3 hours, 15 shirts, lots of sweat and tears over baby weight to come to this outfit here.


2nd order up.What to do with the kids?
I call my trusted sister in law, she can't do it! Her kids are much older and she has the better part of her life back. I can't blame her but I have to move quick seeing I already bought the outfit. There is no turning back now... so I call my 20 something year old cousin and just what I wanted to hear... she's on the outs with the boyfriend and needs a good night to crawl up on the couch and watch some chick flicks. Thank heaven for bad boyfriends cause now I don't have to pay a babysitter. Thank you, Christina, you've just earned a spot on the blog. I'll toast to your relationship tonight. Sounds mean? She's young, hot, smart, talented... I'm not worried she will get over this quicker then I gave birth ~ which was all of 2 hours!


Last but not least. Convincing my husband to go!
I know this is all out of order. I should I have discussed with him first, made arrangements for a sitter next, then bought the outfit. Listen, I'm all about order... I got married, bought the house, then had the children. If that's not orderly I don't know what is! But this is a chance to go have fun and fun isn't orderly now is it. I can just see my husbands face! I didn't marry him for his sociability... I married him for his orderliness.lol.

It will all work out in the end and I'm grown up enough to except my loss and return the outfit if Christina decides to make up with her boyfriend and go skiing for the weekend like she was supposed to, or my kids start vomiting from the food they ate at the birthday party we have a 12 this afternoon. I guess that's what turning 30 is all about.

Most of you have heard the Serenity Prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

I'll be reciting that over and over again in my pajama's with the ice-cream I bought for Christina if plans go array. For now, I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends which include my maid of honor that I got into a fight with 2 summers ago and still haven't spoken too since for saying that my husband doesn't let me do things and controls my life... well maybe not her!
I'll be sure to post an update!


Here's a picture of us from years past, that's me on the right!


1 comment:

craftylilmomma - Jen said...

Oh Jodie that looks like it will be sooo much fun! You will have to post pics of the party!