But this has me thinking... who else is reading the blog... the gods of scripture.... and how come they don't grant me all the other things I whine about. So if the universe happens to catch this post, seeing there was no problem taking my last one verbatim, here's my list of things I would like fulfilled.
1. My dining room completed. That means a window seat cushion in a ballad print (shown on right) so I can sit and gaze at the sky without my butt hurting. The room needs to be painted Watery by Sherman Williams. (My husband thinks we need it done by a professional since it's such a focal point to the room; otherwise, I would have gladly gotten to it by now). I would like to wallpaper behind my hutch in this beautiful damask print by Waverly shown on left. I need a couple of accent chairs and some friends to come have tea with me.
2. My very own boutique for all things party related... stationary, favors, invitations, supplies, rentals, flowers. I want it clean and fresh and inspiring and most of all welcoming. I would have my kids spend hours coloring, designing, and helping me plan other peoples joyous occasions. It would be white on white with crystal chandeliers, peppered with pinks and blues, and have tables filled with party decor. Just like in these pics. Of course, Jen would be the premier designer and all my blogin' mama's would get a space to showcase their work, too. It would be a dream! Then I wake up and realize that I live in New York and it would be a very costly dream. I do have to say that Jen and I have a slice of that pie at www.craftylilmomma.com.
3. less 5 pounds: with my luck I'll probably gain 10 just for asking.
4. Smile more: Sometimes I catch myself being so caught up in life that I forget to smile.
5. Curse less: I'm a New Yorker born and raised, what do you expect!
6. Spend one day out of the month with my husband doing something other than food shopping, picking up kids, fighting, cleaning, planning, doing bills, laundry, and wiping asses. Which was supposed to be Saturday night for me but who's taking note.
Well here's to the pictures I didn't make it in...Thanks Christina!
and the pictures I did make it in...
I wasn't pouting but James was when he thought I was leaving him
I hope everyone had a great weekend even if it didn't turn out as expected!